Worried about flight booking? Follow the common notion that says online booking. Online flight booking has been proved to be a way more convenient option than visiting an airline’s office or getting your ticket from the airport counter.
Though you can book your tickets with the help of travel agents, why not get it done online and save some money? If you know where to look, you are likely to crack great deals in the process of online booking.
We will be discussing the basics you need to know about booking a flight online here.
Where can you book your online flight tickets?
There are certain platforms that serve as ideal ones when it comes to getting e-tickets for your flight. Those platforms can be listed as-
- Airlines’ Website
- Flight booking website
- Travel agent website
- Travel business listing website
For booking a flight online 4 options can be confusing. To know which one is more beneficial, you need to know their basic pros and cons under each.
- Shows all scheduled flights under a particular airline company for different dates and times of a chosen day.
- Live status of your PNR can be checked easily.
- Get direct updates from airlines.
- Updates are more prompt.
- Communicate with airlines directly, no third-party is involved here.
- When in trouble, cancellation or rescheduling solutions are offered faster.
- Pay as per airlines fixed-rate, no scope of additional discounts, apart from travel points.
- 1 website displays particular flights from a particular airline company only.
- Need to visit multiple websites for suitable flight schedule search.
Flight booking websites:
- Get flight schedules from different airline companies in one go.
- Special discounts are always available at the best flight booking sites.
- Easy comparison of flights, fares, flight schedules, and duration.
- Convenience fees over and above airline fees are levied.
- In case of cancellation or rescheduling, the decision on charges is never in their hand, it’s always airline decision.
- Amendments take time.
Travel Agent Website:
- 24×7 customer care support
- Availability of discounts, loyalty rewards, etc.
- 1 contact point for online flights and accommodation and booking other transportation
- Amendments are time-consuming
- Convenience fees are levied on every sector of flight booked
- Convenience fees are non-refundable in case of cancellation
Travel business listing website:
This works similarly to a flight booking website and also offers you a chance to look up the agent’s website where discounts are available. So, you can compare and get your tickets done.
Remember, convenience fees are always applicable in any platform of flight booking apart from airlines’ websites.